- 2.11.21 Davis, Miltenberg: “Title VII Doesn’t Preempt Title IX Employment Claim,” Mass Lawyers Weekly
- 5.6.20 Davis, Miltenberg: “Judge Refuses to Toss Anti-Male Bias Title IX Lawsuit Against University, Sends to Jury Trial,” The College Fix
- 5.20.19 Davis, Miltenberg: “Title IX Legal Practice Expands As Disciplinary Charges Increase,” Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly
- 9.14.18 Davis, Miltenberg: “‘Kangaroo Court’: Lawyers Weigh in on Betsy DeVos’ Proposed Title IX Policies for Handling Sexual Misconduct on Campus,” The National Law Journal
- 11.6.17 Davis, Miltenberg: “Outside Firms See Boston As Market of Opportunity,” New England In-House
- 4.12.17 Davis, Miltenberg: “Nesenoff & Miltenberg LLP Opens Boston Office Specializing In Title IX Due Process Litigation,” PR Newswire
Tara is an integral part of the firm’s litigation team and has experience handling a variety of civil and commercial disputes. The core of her practice is civil litigation, with particular focus on the defense of students in high profile college disciplinary matters. Tara also regularly handles business litigation, including contract and partnership disputes.
She has significant experience defending college students in disciplinary proceedings against allegations of misconduct and is a strong advocate for their rights to due process. Tara has been a core member of the litigation team in numerous cases across more than 10 states involving a wide range of institutions, from elite liberal arts colleges to large public universities. Some of these cases have generated significant attention from major news media, including The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, The Los Angeles Times, CBS Sunday Morning, New York Magazine, The Huffington Post, Fox News, and National Public Radio. Her work includes discovery and preparation for on-campus disciplinary proceedings as well as taking depositions and drafting motions for civil lawsuits against universities in connection with mistreatment of accused students. She also has experience representing individuals in defamation and First Amendment matters.
Tara has experience resolving a wide range of business disputes, including those related to contracts, partnerships and construction. As a former contracts manager for an international research organization, and with prior experience handling a high volume of general liability and casualty matters, Tara has extensive knowledge of the entire litigation process. She has experience with bench trials, mediations, and private negotiations in state and federal courts in the New York metropolitan area and beyond.
Tara handles cases both at the disciplinary level and from commencement of litigation through trial. She has practiced in federal court in more than 10 states and has handled disciplinary matters at campuses located in over 25 states.
- George Washington University Law School, J.D.
- George Washington University, B.A., magna cum laude
- New York
- U.S. District Court – Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court – Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court – Northern District of New York
- 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals
- District of Colorado
- Western District of Michigan
- Member, New York Women’s Bar Association
- Member, New York City Bar Association