We work with entrepreneurs and businesses to help them make their next smart move. Regardless of whether this takes the form of an acquisition, mission-critical financing, distribution agreement, or difficult dissolution, we operate in the trenches with our clients — not on the fringes.
Clients turn to us for sound counsel grounded in a genuine understanding of their businesses. While we typically advise entrepreneurs, early-stage businesses, and established private companies, we also provide specific guidance and transaction support to public companies.
We work with businesses in a variety of capacities — as ongoing outside counsel on a range of day-to-day matters, as advisors on a specific transaction, or somewhere in between. We pride ourselves on working efficiently to help each and every client move forward.
Our corporate transactions team has significant experience in the following areas:
- Entity formation
- Acquisitions and asset purchases
- Contract drafting, review, and negotiation
- Franchising, licensing, and distribution agreements
- Promotion, marketing, and production agreements
- Restrictive covenants
- Intellectual property protection, including copyrights, trademarks, and trade secrets
- Debt restructuring and loan workouts
We work with business owners and investors on corporate, partnership and limited liability dissolutions. Our team has a comprehensive understanding of the dissolution process, and the complexity involved when the circumstances include a partnership dispute or bankruptcy. We are committed to helping clients think ahead about how to protect their short-term and long-term interests.
The dissolution process can be overwhelming for business owners and partners. We take the time to understand our clients’ concerns so we can efficiently work toward a desired outcome. We lead clients through the process and help them navigate key milestones and decision points, including:
- Inventory of property and assets
- Coordination with outside experts on business valuation
- Negotiation of division of assets and debts among business owners
- Determining and minimizing tax liability
- Compensation of clients, customers and shareholders
- Ensuring protection of minority shareholder rights
- Facilitating division of clients or customers among business partners
- Managing buy-out negotiations