Barbara provides experienced guidance and representation in commercial real estate transactions and disputes. With more than 25 years in practice and extensive background in complex financing and title matters, Barbara is a key member of the firm’s highly productive real estate team.
Clients include buyers and sellers of office and multi-use properties in the New York metropolitan area and beyond. Barbara plays an active role in negotiations of deal terms and financing arrangements, and is relied on for high quality drafting and review of contracts as well as loan and corporate documents. With significant prior experience at a national title insurance company, she is particularly skilled at title review and clearance for transactions related to residential, commercial and industrial developments.
Barbara also represents clients in a wide variety of real estate litigation matters, including contract disputes and foreclosure litigation.
The recipient of the Woman of Distinction Award from the New York State Assembly’s 17th District, she has long volunteered her time to improve youth education, including more than 10 years as a trustee of public and private schools.
- The City University of New York School of Law, J.D.
- The City College of New York, B.A.
- New York
- U.S. District Court – Southern District of New York
- Executive board member, Regis High School
- Board of Education of the Garden City Union Free School District
- President (2013-2015)
- Vice president (2008-2012)
- Trustee (2004-2015)
- Woman of Distinction Award, State Assembly 17th District (2012)