- 5.8.17 Nesenoff: “SoHo Building Fetches $21 Million,” The Free Library
- 5.8.17 Nesenoff: “Eastern Consolidated Arranges Sale of Prime SoHo Property for $31 Million,” Online Digestions
- 5.8.17 Nesenoff: “Iconic 220 Fifth Avenue Building Changes Hands,” World Headlines
- 5.8.17 Nesenoff: “Stellar, Imperium JV Nabs Leasehold Interest in 220 Fifth Avenue,” Commercial Cafe
- 5.8.17 Nesenoff: “Represents Stellar, Imperium in transfer of leasehold interests of iconic 220 Fifth Ave,” Barron Invest
- 4.17.17 Nesenoff: Acquisition of 862 Union Street, Park Slope – $22 Million
- 4.13.17 Nesenoff: Greene Street Location Trades
- 4.13.17 Nesenoff: Iconic 220 Fifth Avenue Building Changes Hands
- 5.8.17 Nesenoff: “JV Snatches Up Manhattan’s Iconic 220 Fifth Ave,” Commercial Property Executive
- 4.13.17 Nesenoff Quoted in the Real Deal: Sol Goldman’s $6B portfolio in play, as children accelerate dealmaking
- 4.12.17 Nesenoff & Miltenberg LLP Opens Boston Office Specializing In Title IX Due Process Litigation
- 4.12.17 Title IX law firm opening in Boston
- 2.6.17 Nesenoff: “Major developer set to close on $17.8M purchase of 246-248 West 125th Street.”
- 2.1.17 Nesenoff: “Well-known developer closes on $21.2M acquisition of 324-326 Grand Street.”
- 1.30.17 Nesenoff: “Prominent Brooklyn developer acquires 32 unit residential building on Bainbridge Street for $10.2M.”
- 12.7.16 Nesenoff: “Stellar closes on $146M Paris New York buy,” Real Estate Weekly.
- 10.25.16 Nesenoff: “Empire Capital buys McCarren Hotel & Pool for $22M,” The Real Deal.
Ira divides his practice into two major areas: complex real estate transactions and litigation involving real estate matters, including foreclosure actions. He is well known throughout the New York City metropolitan area for his comprehensive knowledge of real estate and related matters. His powerful deal-making presence, coupled with his substantial knowledge of complex real estate matters, makes him a formidable adversary and representative for his substantial client base. With more than 30 years of experience providing solid and trustworthy counsel, his presence in the New York City market has expanded to include other markets in the New York Metropolitan Area as well as nationally. The son of a Bronx-based director of construction of two well-known developers, owners and operators of office building properties in New York City, Ira’s roots in real estate run deep. He grew up walking construction sites and understands real estate from the ground up.
He represents clients on diverse transactions, including having represented them in some of the most high-profile real estate transactions in the City of New York. With more than 30 years of experience negotiating and closing complex transactions, Ira has earned the respect of his peers and other leading real estate professionals and the reputation for being a consummate dealmaker. He represents diversified clients, including individual real estate entrepreneurs, real estate companies, lenders, investment bankers, banks, as well as start-up companies and individual investors. Together with litigator Andrew Miltenberg, he founded Nesenoff & Miltenberg in 1992.
Ira has, from inception to closing, led negotiations and otherwise participated as co-counsel in numerous transactions, including those relating to acquisitions, sales, financing and leasing; purchase and sale of net leased properties; real estate contracts; securitized and other mortgage loan transactions; mezzanine loans; acquisition, construction and project loan financing facilities; operating agreements; complex capital structures; ground lease transactions and financings; office, retail and industrial leasing transactions; asset-based lending; partnership agreements; loan workout and restructuring agreements; real estate syndication documents; and secured and unsecured lending transactions.
While Ira’s deal experience is diverse, his approach to transactions is remarkably consistent. Ira is accessible, responsive, and views his clients as family, more than just business associates: he is personally involved in and committed to every transaction. With his practical business approach to all legal representations, he is goal-orientated and never loses his primary focus: provide the client with superior protection and, at the same time, make the deal. He maintains his cutting-edge business acumen and finely honed negotiating skills by his constant interaction with real estate operators, bankers, real estate leasing and mortgage brokers as well as attending and participating in fundraisers, professional gatherings, and current market topic seminars. He is respected and well known by a great cross-section of real estate professionals.
Ira prides himself on networking with his clients and other professionals in order to provide better access to all necessary participants in a transaction. His involvement is beyond the scope of legal representation in any given transaction. He frequently connects clients with key individuals in his substantial network of finance, legal and real estate professionals. Ira also presents educational seminars to various commercial brokerage and leasing companies, and other professionals in the New York real estate community.
Ira’s hobbies include traveling, photography, alpine and cross country skiing, road and mountain biking, and basketball.
“Ira is one of the top real estate attorneys in New York City. I know that if he is representing one of the parties in a deal I am brokering, the probability that the transaction will close increases dramatically.”
-Chairman of New York investment sales for $5 billion commercial real estate services company
“Ira Nesenoff is brilliant… he knows how to structure transactions in such a way as to provide real value to his clients.”
-Managing director of boutique, restructuring-focused investment bank
“Ira has been a trusted advisor and counsel to me for over a decade. I greatly value his advice and sound judgment on the many legal matters we have discussed over the years.”
-Managing partner of $2.5+ billion NY-based private equity and asset management firm
- Negotiated $50 million sale of nine New York properties on behalf of a prominent New York City developer
- Represented a prominent real estate investor in purchase – and arrangement of acquisition, building and project loans – of $200 million Soho office building
- On behalf of real estate entrepreneur, conducted extensive negotiations of loan documents, and review and resolution of title matters for $55 million refinancing of six buildings in the Bronx
- Lead counsel in $150 million purchase of West End Avenue residential building: negotiated contract, loan documents, and resolved title matters
- Represented developer in acquisition of 133-unit residential building in Brooklyn, including $135 million in acquisition, project and building loans