Cindy is an experienced civil litigator who focuses her practice on business disputes and civil rights cases.
She represents business owners and corporate entities in federal and state court actions as well as multijurisdictional arbitrations. Cindy also defends students and faculty members at administrative proceedings in college disciplinary matters. When the civil rights of students and faculty members are violated, Cindy vigorously prosecutes Title IX litigation on their behalf. With a background in high-income matrimonial litigation, Cindy is trained to handle emotionally-charged and high-stakes matters in a sensitive and professional manner.
In addition to her trial work, Cindy has significant experience in appellate practice. She completed a fellowship in the Appeals Division of the New York City Law Department, where she argued before the Appellate Division: First and Second Judicial Departments. In 2016, Cindy argued the landmark case, Odunbaku v. Odunbaku, 28 N.Y.3d 223 (2016), before the New York Court of Appeals.
Cindy is a Dean’s List graduate of St. John’s University School of Law. She is a member of several bar associations and serves on the Associate Board of the New York Center for Law and Economic Justice, an organization which champions the rights of deaf and hard-of-hearing individuals.
- St. John’s University School of Law, J.D., Dean’s List; St. Thomas More Scholarship
- New York University, B.A., summa cum laude
- New York State
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- New York City Bar Association
- New York Center for Law and Economic Justice, Associate Board Member
- New York State Bar Association
- New York Women’s Bar Association
- Queens County Bar Association, Member, Professional Development Committee
- South Asian Bar Association of New York
Awards and Recognitions
- Super Lawyer, Rising Star, 2018
- NYS Courts Access to Justice Program, Certificate of Recognition
- CALI Award for Excellence in Property
- CALI Award for Excellence in Condos, Coops, and Homeowner Associations
- CALI Award for Excellence in Poverty Law Seminar
- Dean’s Award for Excellence in Counterterrorism Law
- Dean’s Award for Excellence in Entertainment Law
- Dean’s Award for Excellence in Drafting and Negotiating Transactions in Information Technology